It seems I dropped nearly everything last season.
Fair few promising shows I didn't try though: Kamisama no Memo-chou and Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth ~ The Animation. A few pieces of trash that might be fun too.
Nichijou, (fell flat)
Hanasaku Iroha, (erg too much melodrama)
Yuruyuri, (watching very slowly)
Steins;Gate, (stall due to AoD being down)
No.6, (yaoi shite)
Usagi Drop, (AoD, and slow)
Pretty Rhythm: Aurora Dream.(picked up for lulz, and v. slow fansubbers)
Now the odd bit the shows I haven't dropped/ stalled.
The iDOLM@STER, moe 'fest, not much plot but looks fantastic
Mawaru Penguindrum, fuck yes Ikuhara
now why the hell am I still watching this...
I even checked the time untill the next ep this morning.
Something is very wrong, I must rationalise this.
Why I picked it up?
- Kugimin as Happy
- Crunchyroll show only for subscribers, felt I should watch it as I was paying anyway.
Why did I stick with it back then?
- Yey female lead shounen.
- Overarching plot linked to very fast
- Fair amount of story progression, not much filler.
- Bright colourful art.
- Varied characters.
So many bad points
- Fanservice, Carry On style with sound effects indicating it *sigh*
- Reused jokes, some very flat characters.
- Lolicon, there is an awful lot of service/ fetishism around , Azuny...*looks it up* Wendy (goddamn is her name not memorable). I'm all for moe but she spends too much time being knocked onto the floor with a very short skirt on, though closer to Mio in K-on! terms as it never gets to panty shot but routinely gets very close, sure there's a fair few low angle shots as well.
- Terrible animation, backgrounds look nice but I can see jaggies around some CG even on the SD version. Lots of realy cheap stuff as well, but lots of that's now shounen anime tropes as is.
- Filler, duh this is shounen, but not as grating as some others.
Why the hell am I still going...... still can't find enough of a hook....
- Hooked on the narrative? Plenty of hints at larger plot
- Shounen fight are still fun.
- Deus ex machina is also still fun
- Even if the service is grating some of the characters are interesting (quite like Mira)